I Hope I Never Forget:

“Anything that one imagines of God apart from Christ is only useless thinking and vain idolatry.”- Martin Luther

Monday, January 21, 2008

ANOTHER BIT OF QUACKERY




















If anyone's interested in more quackery, then I've come up with another "diagnostic tool." Caveat Emptor !

I think I can whittle the 28 Question Exam down to three.

The first would borrow a memorable phrase from Walter Brueggemann. I’d ask, “Are you striving to be a poet in a prose-flattened world.” Then I’d follow up with, “Is all of your poetry cruciform?” And that would be that.

What?

Where’s the third question?

Well, it’s not a question, really. It would be the circumstance of asking the previous two, just like I wrote them, without any further explanation. Then we’d watch to see how the examinee responded- with frustration or awakened curiosity.

That ought to tell us everything we need to know about the pith of their soul. Maybe not, but it sure ought to tell you something about my view of a pithy soul.

No comments: