I Hope I Never Forget:

“Anything that one imagines of God apart from Christ is only useless thinking and vain idolatry.”- Martin Luther

Friday, November 30, 2007

ST ANDREW'S MISSIONARY JOURNEYS



International commentator, George Alexandrou, has written a huge (over a thousand pages) volume on the missionary journeys of St. Andrew. It's called He Raised the Cross on the Ice.

Though unavailable to english readers, an interesting 27 page interview about the material is available as a pdf. Check out The Astonishing Missionary Journeys of Andrew the Apostle.

HT: The Byzantine Calvinist

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark here,
I stopped my normal schedule in Sunday School for St. Andrew, I think your page is going to help me out...thanks.

I love all the little things people do out of curiosity and celebration around the saints-legends, meals, prayers traditions, etc.

Here's one-On the day after Andrew's feast, young people float cups in a tub; if a boy's and a girl's cup drift together and are intercepted by a cup inscribed "priest", it indicates a future marriage. It is such an easy solution you should have included it in your advice at the parenting conference.

Anonymous said...

Hey
I stopped my normal schedule in Sunday School for St. Andrew. I think your page is going to help me out.Thanks.

I love all the little things people do out of curiosity and celebration around saint's days-legends, meals, prayers traditions, etc.

Here's one I liked. On the day after Andrew's feast, young people float cups in a tub; if a boy's and a girl's cup drift together and are intercepted by a cup inscribed "priest", it indicates a future marriage. It is such an easy solution for our kids, you should have included it in your advice at the parenting conference.

Anonymous said...

I thought that I previewed the first comment but apparently I posted it